Sunday 29 January 2017

Main Street Electrical Parade

I've just had a super weekend with Mamma where it's felt like we've talked non-stop. One of the main topics of conversation was our upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris for Lizzie's 30th. (Btw, I really appreciate all the blog comments this year, Lizzie!!) I have just got the train home and am on the bus now and was trying to finish another blog entry while having my headphones in. Incidentally, I was very surprised that my seat on the Number 3 bus had a USB charging point!  I put my Disneyland play list on as I was still very much in the Disney mood.  After a few songs, on came 'Main Street Electrical Parade'.  I found myself smiling and bopping with joy to it and even starting to well up as I thought about it.  I'm sure when I first started to listen to it as a song round about 2000, I thought it quite a silly electric 70s song, but over the last year or so, it has really been increasing in my affection till I've reached today's surprise reaction.  I love that refrain (?) that they included in the new Paint the Night parade we saw in California last Spring.

Having just looked for a good youtube link to put in here, I must say I am in two minds about whether I'd actually enjoy watching it!  It does seem very long, with multiple floats per movie but I do like the little ball lights things that dart about.  I think it's mainly the nostalgia of it I'm enjoying at the moment.

The Main Street Electrical Parade has just returned to Disneyland Park in California for the first time in quite a few years.  I quite like the fact that it was sort of in California Adventure, but it wasn't because it couldn't be the 'Main Street' Electrical Parade so they had to have a different opening voice and lights on the first train.  Now it's fully back!


No comments:

Post a Comment