Thursday 20 April 2017

Snake's-head fritillaries

At Rose Hill Runners on Monday, a fellow runner mentioned these flowers.  It meant nothing to me and she said they hadn't meant anything to her until they saw the signs when walking with her botanist friend who was most excited to see them.  So off I went for a little walk today following the signs to see what I could see.  There ensued a lovely meander through Iffley Meadows, not something I knew existed.  Very happy times.








 Interesting to read this sign on the way out and learn more about the area and the flora and fauna to see.

 Excited to learn from the information sign about the cuckooflowers so I went back and took some photos.





And on the walk back to Iffley, I couldn't resist any longer, a photo of the beautiful view down the side part of the river from the flood gates bridge.  The greeny emerald almost turquoise colour of the water at the moment I find quite captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment